HUD $100 Down Program

HUD 100 Down Image

You can buy a government owned home for $100 down!

If a foreclosed home was purchased with a loan insured by the FHA, the lender files a claim for the balance due on the mortgage. The FHA pays the claim and then transfers ownership to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). HUD then sells these homes to people like you.

How It Works:

  • You must use a HUD registered real estate broker
  • You must be pre-approved for a mortgage
  • Owner-occupied bidders receive first priority
  • HUD offers three types of properties: FHA insurable homes, FHA insurable homes with a regular escrow, and houses that are not insurable with an FHA loan
  • You do not have to finance a HUD home with an FHA loan
  • Before making a bid you must provide your agent with appropriate earnest money in the form of cashier’s check or money order
  • Your earnest money check should be made payable to your escrow account with your HUD registered real estate broker


Equal Housing Lender
PRMI NMLS: 3094. Some products and services may not be available in all states. Credit and collateral are subject to approval. Terms and conditions apply.
This is not a commitment to lend. Programs, rates, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Florida Office of Financial Regulation MLD646.
Licensed by the Massachusetts Division of Banks as a Broker and Lender as #MC3094. Bureau of Financial Institutions: MC-2248 Broker MC-2248 NMLS # 3094. NMLS Consumer Access.
“Licensed by the New Hampshire Banking Department” 10706-MB. Branch Phone: 603-718-3184

Eric LaFleur MLO165839
NMLS #996610